Friday, September 26, 2008

Bye Bye WaMu

Now I'm really wishing that we had LHC collisions this week to distract ourselves with... unfortunately, all eyes are on the U.S. economy. The latest shoe to drop is Washington Mutual, which just happens to be my bank! I'd been meaning to uh ... switch banks anyway ... right? Looks like JP Morgan Chase has us covered, for the time being at least. It's pretty surreal to be abroad during such a volatile time. Well, I hope Stephen Colbert suspending his show gives the economy the boost it needs. In case you need a laugh:




A bientôt!

P.S. On a personal note, Aunt Helen, I hope your surgery goes smoothly today. My thoughts are with you.

1 comment:

mona said...

Stephanie --
You're tempting us with fondue and chocolates. When you get around to it, give us a report on pizza. Zagat is running a discussion group about NY pizza versus Chicago pizza. Someone posted a comment about "amazing" pizza in Zagreb. For this New Yorker, that's hard to believe.